I’m a server and next Friday at the wine and service meeting, I was asked by my manager to do a presentation about Old vs New World wines! What are some points I need to touch on? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

I’m a server and next Friday at the wine and service meeting, I was asked by my manager to do a presentation about Old vs New World wines! What are some points I need to touch on?

So the owner of the restaurant where I work just filled out an application for me to get a scholarship to complete my sommelier certification! Because of this, they’re letting me taste more wines and be more involved with the wine education.

What are some points y’all think are important to cover?

Right now I’m thinking:

How Old and New World wineries label their wines (Old world is more by locations and terroir, where New world is more grape varietals)

Wine making methods

How oak in New vs Old World differs

What else should I mention?

Edit: It genuinely bums me out that I was immediately downvoted. Just trying to get some help and support for my presentation from this community.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments