Vertical tasting for $150-200? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Vertical tasting for $150-200?

I have never, to my knowledge, had a wine more than 4 years old. I would really like to try a vertical tasting. Preferably a full-bodied red, but I am curious about aged whites too. I realize it's potentially a big ask, but I'd like to find 3 bottles, preferably spanning at least 10 years, and keep the whole thing in the stated price range. I have some decent shops around me but I don't know enough about wine to know what to look for. I am in the US so California and PNW wines are reasonably available and priced well, but I would be interested in old world as well.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments