Aging wine yourself at home - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Aging wine yourself at home

Hi everyone, I recently moved house and in my new house I have a small old cellar below my house. A friend of mine jokingly said I should make it into a small wine cellar, but now I'm seriously considering putting more effort in this, since I simply have the space to try this out. Could anyone point me in a direction where I can read more about aging wine yourself? And perhaps any tips / donts?

I'm based in Belgium and drink a lot of Italian wines, mostly around the 10 - 20 euro mark. Are wines like Primitivo and Barolos good wines to age? Or should I buy a batch of Burgundy or Bordeaux wines?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments