Wine Club Recs - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Wine Club Recs

I've just started getting more serious about wine. It's been a casual interest for a while, but I'm wanting to better educate myself. I know I learn best when I have to teach material, so I've started a wine club and have about 8 people signed on and each chipping in $15-20 to come to a tasting that I'll run at my house.

For the first meeting on 18.August, given it's been blazing hot out this summer, I wanted to start with some refreshing summer wines. Vast majority of the group knows little/nothing about wine so I want to test their boundaries a bit with something new, do a little new world/old world comparison, but also offer some familiarity/comfortable options. What are you thoughts on the following;

Sancerre, NZ Sauvignon Blanc, South African Sauvignon Blanc, Soave, Albarino, a Rose.

Planning to pair some light snacks as well, but nothing to labor intensive. Definitely goat cheese but I'll take any recs!

I'm going to buy from a local friend's wine shop, so I may be able to special order if I can get it in time.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments