Avignon Suggestions - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Avignon Suggestions

Hey all,

I am generally a lurker but thought I would post here to get a few suggestions. My partner and I will be in Avignon in late September for 2-3 days and we are struggling to find the right tour experience for us. We are not exactly newbies in wine but our experience probably pales in comparison to many on this sub. After a few hours of reading, we still don't have much direction between Chateauneuf-de-Pape/Vaqueyras/Gigondas or if it's possibly even worth it to make the journey up to l'Hermitage. Big fans of classic Rhone blends along with Carignan/Cinsault, so if there are any good suggestions for tours they would be very much appreciated!

Bonus: If there's a way to get a Chartreuse tour from Avignon we would also be interested in that! (I know, I know...not exactly /r/wine material)






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments