Visiting vineyards as solo traveler? (Sicily) - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Visiting vineyards as solo traveler? (Sicily)

I will soon go alone on a 2-week trip to Sicily and would like to visit some of the major producers in Etna, Vittoria, and elsewhere. Looking at the websites for wineries like Benanti, COS, and Planeta, I find that most places offer tastings and tours, but these often require making reservations for 2+ people.

What would be a good way to join this type of activities by myself, or at least get to visit the vineyards/cellars? I speak perfect Italian, in case that gives me a different set of options.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments