How to think about cellaring wine when I move often - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

How to think about cellaring wine when I move often

My collection is slowly growing and now I'm looking at specifically buying bottles to put away, for example some 2016 Brunellos. However, since I move reasonably often, and may even be moving continent soon, how should I go about this?

While i'm not moving my wines are in a wine fridge and are stable, but will moving continent and potentially putting all my wine on a ship for a month be a risky decision?

I don't have any very old bottles at this stage, but lets assume the wines we are talking about are 10-15 years old.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments