I love really funky, dry, tannic, dirty tasting wines - any recommendations? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

I love really funky, dry, tannic, dirty tasting wines - any recommendations?

As you can probably tell from the above, I especially love long skin-contact whites, but anything goes! I also really love a good, funkytown sparkling red.

Really, I just love when I get crazy notes from wine. I have said before that my favorite wines remind me of beer and my favorite beers remind me of wine.

I tend to gravitate toward old world wines - especially Eastern European - because these usually fit the bill.

Ideally under ~$40

Thanks so much!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments