Taking a deeper plunge into Burgundy - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Taking a deeper plunge into Burgundy

Lord help me, I want to start taking a deeper dive into burgundy. Inspired of course by the /u/bigburgballer himself and others on here. I am looking to get an understanding for the differences between locations, vineyard sites etc. In the US I've done this by taking trips and tasting my way through the current vintage which works well to figure out what producers and vineyards I like best. What is the best way to accomplish this without taking a flight over to France? Buy all the current release offerings from someone like Jadot and see what I like and what the differences are? It's a bit overwhelming when I pull up Kermit Lynch or any other site and look at all of the offerings with a very elementary understanding of the region.

Thanks for the help! I did search and couldn't really find a great discussion on this, so hopefully this helps people in the future as well.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments