How to taste and identify - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

How to taste and identify

Dear all,

Recently I have become more acquainted with the delicate world of wine. Being young, I am no connoisseur and have not drunk many different types of wine, but I am very interested in "knowing what I'm doing".

I was wondering if there is some course, lesson etc. on tasting wine, and detecting the infused flavours and whatnot. Not necessarily taking a full course with exams and everything, just the basics to know what I'm drinking, and to let the sommelier know my opinion, and not look like a fool whilst he's waiting for me to taste.

Kind regards.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments