Looking for a '4 quadrants' recommendation for wine to have on hand. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Looking for a '4 quadrants' recommendation for wine to have on hand.

I'm not really into wine. The extent of my knowledge is I really like Malbec when I go to the steakhouse.

But, I wish to have a couple of bottles on hand at home for when guest come over.

In my goal to over simplify this, I thought a good 'base' of what to have on hand could be put into 4 quadrants.

dry sweet
red dry red sweet red
white dry white sweet white

Any recommendations on what could go in the 4 boxes? Varietals that are common enough so I don't have to hunt them down.

Alternatively, if you think there's a better (simpler!) method to have a decent selection on hand please suggest it :D

Thank you!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments