Birthday wine - 2000 - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Birthday wine - 2000

Hi ! I’m looking for a birthday wine, something from 2000 (year I was born) to buy a case or two and open once a year on my birthday, see how it ages etc…

My budget is around 60-90€ / bottle and I’m French, so while I’m a wine snob, I admittedly don’t know much about wine and how well each one would age.

I love a dry white wine but prefer red, like a Bordeaux, if I had to choose a “favourite” it would probably be St. Estèphe.

Would you have a recommendation for a wine that isn’t horribly expensive and would still be drinkable over the next 5-15 years ?

Thank you so much !






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments