GSM Recommendations - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

GSM Recommendations

Hi, long time lurker first time poster here.

I’m relatively new to wine as far as actually trying to figure out what I like. I’ve spent a couple months focusing on French wines and working through the regions. Until now i’ve spent most of my time buying cheap bottles from the US that are overly fruity. So far everything Ive tried from Southern Rhone I’ve really liked. Mostly Côtes du Rhône and a few CDP wines. Looking for any recommendations of GSM style blends outside of the Rhone that I may not realize exist or anything else you think I may like based on the fact I enjoy southern rhone wines.

I’m in PA and usually am in the $20-$40 range but can go higher if it’s a really great bottle.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments