How do you avoid drinking your stash when you are investing in wine? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

How do you avoid drinking your stash when you are investing in wine?

How does anyone realistically invest in wine? I have a very small collection, mostly vintages I saved for special occasions. My friends told me I should invest in more pieces, but I think the temptation to drink them is too strong. Especially during parties. It doesn't feel secure.

There's also the problem of storage. I have a decent-sized wine fridge. But I read that serious investors need to buy 3 bottles–minimum. That would call for a cellar right?

I guess what I'm asking is:

  1. How did you invest in wine?
  2. Was drinking it ever a problem?
  3. If you committed to buying it by the case, did you store it in your personal wine cellar? Or did you look into specialty storage?

I love the idea of investing in something I personally enjoy. I feel like even if the value tanks, at least I could drink it. But if I'm going to be a serious investor, I need to know what it takes.

Looking for suggestions and advice.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments