Need recommendations for 2 day 3 night Napa trip. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Need recommendations for 2 day 3 night Napa trip.

I have never been to Napa Valley, but have been reading past threads for recommendations. All it has done is make my head spin, haha. Basically I want to pack the "full experience" into 6 tastings over 2 days. I am open to staying in Calistoga, Napa, or anywhere in between. My wine preference is Pinot, but I enjoy big cabs too, although I prefer more of a Bordeaux style to a jam explosion. I also love sparklers.

I am looking for recommendations in the following categories:

-Best QPR tastings: Don't need a fancy experience or ambiance, just the two best pound for pound makers in the valley.

-Experience and Ambiance: I want to know the coolest properties, best views, interesting tours, or unique experiences. I plan to do 2 of these.

-Quintessential Napa: I want the most Napa-y experience. And for you jokesters, I don't mean overpriced douchery, I mean a winery that embodies the essence of the region. It could be a big name, or a small low volume producer. Just something that really shows what Napa is about. I want 2 of these as well.

I would also take any advice on accommodations, where to drink in town after the tastings (walk or bike), dinner spots and any other general advice. This sub is a wealth of knowledge and I wanna learn!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments