Cellar Tracker drinking windows - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Cellar Tracker drinking windows

Can anyone enlighten me on how the drinking windows in Cellar Tracker are determined?

By way of background, I have a modest collection of mostly local (NZ) wines which I keep track of on Cellar Tracker.

Not all the wines have drinking windows listed, which is fair enough for the cheap stuff, but this also includes some of the local reds which I know from experience will benefit from a good 5-7 years. And the ones that do appear to be very conservative - I picked up a syrah from Martinborough last month and CT suggests I don't touch it until 2027, which I know I don't have the patience for.

I have no intention of slavishly adhering to these windows, but knowing how they're set would help me judge how much to disregard them.

Any insight gratefully received.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments