Am I going crazy or did acidity dissapear within 2 hours in this Beaujolais? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Am I going crazy or did acidity dissapear within 2 hours in this Beaujolais?

Hi All, I opened a bottle of LAURENT MARTRAY Sur Pierreux Brouilly 2020. The first glass was gloriously fresh with beautiful harmony between lovely acidity and subtle bitterness. I even wanted to order a few bottles more. After a couple of hours in the bottle, the wine tasted much heavier with very little to none of the nice acidity. The wine seemed heavier and less fresh. Am I going crazy? Is this something to he expected of Brouilly?

I can't relate this observation to volatile acidity, as there was no acetic acid (vinegary) taste that I noticed. Thanks






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments