Do I Need A Wine Cooler? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Do I Need A Wine Cooler?

Here is my wine situation:

-I live in an apartment in the mid-Atlantic USA, no basement is available. Fairly cold winters and fairly hot summers.

-I like fresh air and don’t really like air conditioning, so I don’t use AC unless it gets over like 85 degrees F. So the interior of my apartment can be anywhere from 60-80 degrees depending on the day’s temperature.

-I drink almost exclusively reds at the moment. I have no intention of ever aging the wine, I buy relatively cheap (but still highly rated, I appreciate the complexities) bottles in 6-12 bottle intervals. I drink a couple of bottles a week.

Should I get a cooler? I know some say that it’s only really useful for aging wine, but then people say that temperature fluctuations are a big problem. So what should I do in my situation?

Thanks for all replies






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments