Australian seeking Swiss wine - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Australian seeking Swiss wine

Hey winos,

I'm an Australian wine-thot trying to pursue my cool-climate ambitions.

I just came back from the UK and had a bunch of English vineyards tell me about the rising potential of Divico, a hybrid Swiss grape. Now from what I understand, plantings are still in their very early stages so I don't expect to buy an English Divico for at least half a decade, but I was curious about trying from Swiss reds to get a prologue of what's to come.

I've already done a fair bit of googling to no avail, so my fellow Aussie winos - does anybody have some recommendations about where to source some mountainous reds from? I've come across the occasional Austrian Blaufrankisch and German Pinot, but curious to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Sydney/Canberra based, all advice welcome xoxo






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments