Getting into wine more need recommendations - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Getting into wine more, need recommendations

So I’ve been getting into wines a bit more. Been a beer drinker for awhile, never been a heavy drinker but I like a good buzz.

I’m in my 20s and my parents have always been wine drinkers for the most part, and they prefer dry wines on any given occasion, they aren’t a huge fan of sweet wines.

I have tried some of the wines they like, and they seem bitter-tasting to me. I have no problem drinking Moscato but it is pretty sweet and not great for everyday. My mother had me try a bottle of white Merlot last week, and it still seemed bitter. Today I had a bottle of Oak Leaf Farms Red Blend, and it wasn’t bad at all. Not bitter and not too sweet. I would describe it as more semi-sweet and was very enjoyable.

I’m familiar with names of wines but I haven’t tried everything. Looking for recommendations on good starter wines, the Oak Leaf Farms bottle was something I’d buy again. I also understand that I might not ever like most dry wines just based on my palette, I have family members who are like that well into their later years.

My apologies for being a total noob… any advice/recommendations appreciated.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments