Traveling to Piedmont Italy - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Traveling to Piedmont, Italy

Hello all -

Im excited to say that ill be in Turin for a few days in a couple months here. I'm a wine enthusiast/home wine maker/CMS 1 Student and would love to hit all the "must see" or "cant get in the US" wineries in the area. I have 3 questions.

  1. I plan on going to Barolo, Alba, Asti, Langhe, etc. What all would you reccomend?

  2. I have my own rental. Although normally I'm not one for tours, but theres a private tour ran by an expeienced older couple(who also has their own vinyard) and it sounds like a great opportunity to not worry about transportation and translation. If you've been around this area, would you have done a tour or still have done it on your own?

Link for private tour - www.travellanghe.com

  1. Ultimately I'm not quite knowledgeable with the wineries to see in this area. Just having reccomendations might be plentiful to me. I only know 2 popular wines/wineries that ive had here in the states were both Marchessi and Borgongno Cannubi. Is it worth it to visit wineries that you've already had in the states?

I apologize for all the questions. This is a solo travel, which I have done plenty before. But never had I traveled with the intent of guiding my own wine tour for myself in a foreign area. Any help would be appreciated!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments