coravin and tasting - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

coravin and tasting

I am aware that when a wine is coravin-ed it lasts up to 6 months without altering the wine itself much. Given that coravin doesn't look that cheapish and it's becoming more and more common at many restaurants, I think about using it when arranging some tastings in order to promote my imported wines. This, of course, will help me to reduce the costs for the expensive bottles. I have several questions to the users. What happens when I pierce the cork? is there any membrane that I add on top of the cork or I just pull it back off? Can I pierce the same bottle multiple times? How does the type of cork affect the aging process? Are there any differences between the needles? Which coravin is currently the best? Is there any better alternative?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments