Visiting Turin and Le Langhe and need help - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Visiting Turin and Le Langhe and need help

Hey all, I’m going to be spending about 3 weeks in Piemonte, and I plan to drink wine as often as possible. But I know that many barolos, barbarescos, etc are very pricy. I plan to buy bottles and honestly I’d rather spend a bit more to get very good ones. But I also don’t want to spend $2000 on wine during my time there.

So my question is, do you have any recommendations for wines from this region that you consider great bottles at a mid-range price point (€20-50)?

I’m also spending a few days hiking around barolo and barbaresco so if you have any recs for cantine or restaurants in Turin/alba I’d appreciate that too!

Thanks so much 🍷






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments