Narrowed my list, please help me choose a top 3 napa winery! - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Narrowed my list, please help me choose a top 3 napa winery!

Planning a trip next Sunday with 3 friends. We will be driving from SF and plan on starting early and being in Napa around 10:30-11am and trying to stay until and end in Downtown Napa area around 6-7pm so we can start driving home.

We either want to start at Bouchon Bakery or get lunch somewhere that can sell wine by the glass. I was thinking of starting at V. Sattui so we can get food too but the concept of buying a bottle and drinking it in plastic cups is not enticing me 😂

My goal is to find 3 wineries, for 3 tastings. One for the pictures, one for good wine, and a least expensive one to wrap up the day. 2 of us likes whites more, 2 of us like a blend. Budget for the most expensive can be $130, $70, $30-$50.

If there is a place anyone could recommend lunch and dinner that be great! Would love to continue the wine party. I’ve had Brasswood and Farmstead, and for the price point, I thought everything was really average and would not try again so an FYI.

Inglenook Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Chimney Rock Winery Beringer Winery Grgich Hills Frog’s Leap Silenus Winery Rutherford Hill Louis M. Martini Winery RD Winery Black Stallion Winery Rombauer Vineyards Joseph Phelps Artesa Cliff Family






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments