Will I ruin my wine leaving at 75 degrees for a few days? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Will I ruin my wine leaving at 75 degrees for a few days?

I’m a novice. We are currently doing a small kitchen remodel and will be moving our wine fridge from where it is in our house into a dedicated spot in the kitchen. We only have 10-15 bottles, but some cost around $100. The fridge is dual zone.

Contractor wondered if I could empty it so they could put it in place, but electricity isn’t there yet. It would only be for a few days. I plan on putting the whites in our regular fridge, but will it harm the reds just to sit on the carpeted floor (out of direct sunlight) for a few days while ambient temps are 69-75 in our house? I’m guessing it’s ok but l don’t want to risk messing up some of those bottles.

Thanks






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments