Bélena Shiraz by Calabria, Australia 2021 - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Bélena Shiraz by Calabria, Australia 2021

Great fruit from this young Aussie shiraz that I think might improve with age. At least I hope it does as I stock up on it when it's on special at NZD20 here in New Zealand as it's a bargain at that price. Still a bit earthy but lots of those jammy fruits coming through.

Compared to Kings of Prohibition I'd say it's better than that. It's on a par with the upper Wolf Blass wines like Grey Label or the Pepperjack shiraz. Just great, full-bodied Aussie shirazes that I love so much.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments