How do you know if wine is good? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

How do you know if wine is good?

I’ve recently been exploring wine. I’ve been a big whiskey guy for a while and I see some similarities; however, wine seems much more complicated. I came across a book about Italian wine and its’ regions, sending me down my first wine rabbit hole.

I’ve tried 10 or so bottles from different regions, grapes, and blends. I haven’t had one I did not like. I’m wondering now, how do I tell if a wine is of quality or not?

There is the sang “drink what you like!”, disregarding popular or informed opinion. People often say this in the whiskey community, but we all know which whiskey is not actually good. How do you know if what you’re drinking is good if you’re new to wine? And how do you make informed purchases when there are so many varieties and vineyards?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments