Tell me about the best Italian wine you’ve ever had…. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Tell me about the best Italian wine you’ve ever had….

As simple or complex as you want to share. Producers, brands, grapes, vintages, experiences, pairings …what made it special for you? I’m a level 1 somm, most of my wine education has been heavy in CA and France with a little South America, South Africa, with tiny bit of Australia and New Zealanr sprinkled in. Been out of the wine industry for ten years as my professional life took me down a different path, but have always loved wine and appreciate passionate winemakers, and maintained strong relationships in the industry.

I just got an amazing job offer focusing on logistics for a company that only features Italian wines. I’m stoked to be back!! Even though my role is running logistics, it’s important to me to have solid knowledge of Italian wines. I’ve put myself on a super rigorous study and am tasting 3-4 every about other day. I’ve got the education resources covered, but what I really want to hear from you all is what Italian wines are your favorites and which ones do you share with people you love? What Italian wines are you excited about? What can I not miss?

Thanks!! Salute! 🍷






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments