Buying Spiegelau definition - Which glasses to buy? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Buying Spiegelau definition - Which glasses to buy?

Hello!

I'm finally going to improve my stemware collection from cheap ass glasses to something of a better quality and I have landed on the Spiegelau Definition.

I enjoy a lot of different wines and I'm planning to buy a couple glasses of each variety so that I and a special one can enjoy a bottle from the right glass. But I won't buy a "dinner set" of each glass for dinner partys(max 8 people). So I'll get 2 Burgundy, 2 Bordeaux, 2 universal and 2 whites, and then probably 6 extra of whatever is the best universal. Or maybe 6 universals for red and 6 white wines more?

So my question is, is the universal glass the best one to go for, as a universal glass?

I've read that some people prefer the Bordeaux glass over the universal, but that is maybe just for an everyday red wine glass? Is stocking extra Bordeaux and extra whites the way to go?

Thanks!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments