Alternative to Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Fay - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Alternative to Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Fay

Hey Everyone!

I had the chance to try Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Fay on multiple occasions and I liked it so much that it has become a staple for special occasions. Unfortunately, these bottles are quite pricey. I am craving to scratch that same itch without busting the bank. Nice aromas of dark fruit on the nose, balanced acidity/tannins. It reminds me of drinking straight cherry juice. Do you have any recommendation? I am based in Europe, in case that matters.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was not the biggest fan of the significantly cheaper Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Artemis because it was lacking body and was not as balanced. It just felt thin and uninspiring compared to Fay.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments