Got a regional wine (vin de pays) rather than D'Originee Controller, I'm hating it - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Got a regional wine (vin de pays) rather than D'Originee Controller, I'm hating it

I wanted to like it, but.... it wasn't corked, and didn't have a year although it says its from the Rhone Valley. How important is the cork, did I just get unlucky, I'm half tempted to toss it, its not turning into vinegar or anything, but something is lacking. Heck I've had some better wines at least by the price that seemed to have been a little too aged and had a bit of vinegar taste to them but I could appreciate even though it wasn't the best obviously, at least not to me. I don't always want to spend sixty plus a bottle as I'm in Asia and good French wines or I should probably say decent French wines aren't all that common. As you can probably tell from the grammar I've got a few in me, but any tips for the future? Chilean wines are cheap here, but no idea which are good or not, they seem awful sugary of those I've tried.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments