Where to start - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Where to start

So...

I'm a whiky guy.I've never been into wine, I occasionally said yes when someone offered a red wine but never been interested enough to try different wines, compare and experiment.

Lately I've been drinking more wine in social gatherings and they poured a valbuena 5, 2003. I actually enjoyed it, so my question is:

what are the basics?

Grape, region, vintage, aging and price.

I've read articles but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are, I know I like red wine, I'm indifferent to the whites I've had and despise champagne. What are some good wines for me to try and figure out what do I like?

Should I just go to my local liquor store and pick a different $100 wines and go from there?

In my experience with whisky asking people who sell the liquor is pointless, they don't know much and push whatever management tells them to push.

Is there al list of wines that are generally liked by most consumers? Or some recommendations from people in the sub?

Thanks in advance.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments