How would you spend £100 on red wine? 1 bottle for £100, 2 for £50, 4 for £25? Something old, something young? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

How would you spend £100 on red wine? 1 bottle for £100, 2 for £50, 4 for £25? Something old, something young?

You have been gifted the money on the premise you must spend it on wine. You normally spend £10 - £18 (supermarket / local bottle shop) with the exception of Central Otago pinot noir, for which you’ll pay £25 - £35 (special occasion).

Switching back to the first person, I’ve done a handful of wine tasting events where the wines range from £30 - £100 (so all good wine) and I haven’t found that I consistently prefer the more expensive ones, so I’m leaning towards a spread but maybe this is my chance to try something I won’t otherwise have the chance to (like something old)? I am also leaning towards something typical(ish) of its style / grape / locale as that makes it more educational. Thanks






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments