Wine Distributor - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Wine Distributor

I work for a wine distributor in the south and their commission rate is 3%. I get no gas or vehicle reimbursement and I get a base pay of $2.40/hr. The only reason I get a base pay is because I use to run a route in a different county and I was hired onto it during the gas price surge. I’m on a new route that’s in my city and they just never took the base pay off. I’m barely making over 50k a year and I’m struggling to get that. They have me on split accounts with another rep where it doesn’t even need to be split with that rep having all the good brands as well. Is this normal for a wine rep? The old route was just me and I was making a tad bit more but doing a lot more work. Feeling really disgruntled and needed to vent somewhere.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments