La Tessa Pecorino- Similar Recs? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

La Tessa Pecorino- Similar Recs?

Hello fellow oenophiles! Today at an airport lounge I got to drink more than a couple glasses of La Tessa Pecorino. A Google search reveals that it's not a super fancy wine, a good one for a chill Wednesday night. But I really enjoyed the flavors of this guy; it reminded me of a softer, less intensely fruit-forward New Zealand sauvignon blanc (my favorite wine style). I don't think I've had Pecorino before and will certainly be looking for it now!

But, it made me wonder, are there any suggestions for particularly good Pecorinos to hunt for, or wines that have similar tasting notes? I like it's bright, fresh acidity, and that it had faint tropical notes still (like the NZ sb). I'd love to pick your collective brains for recommendations! Thank you for any suggestions you might give.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments