Can you actually taste or smell "notes" in wine? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Can you actually taste or smell "notes" in wine?

Like if i were to hide the label and ask you what notes it say on the bottle, would you be able to guess them? Or would you be even close? Or it all just a bunch of marketing bs?

I mean when i read a label and see "chocolate" or "mint" i taste it and i can kind of feel it, but I'm not sure if that's just my brain making it up because the label told me. I've never really had a wine over $20 (aud) so I'm not sure if there's much to taste tbh, usually drink bolder wines, merlot, shiraz and such, I'm not trying to pick on anyone or make fun on wine snobs I'm just genuinely interested if you can ACTUALLY tell

Also I'm not sure if it's normal, but when I'm 2 glasses deep in a bottle, the wine smells like nothing, even if I shove my nose into the wine lol, is that normal?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments