Help me find the creamy note I’m looking for? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Help me find the creamy note I’m looking for?

I've occasionally encountered a 'creamy' note in red wine, which I really enjoy and seek out, though it's rare I come across it.

I'm not a frequent drinker, consuming about two bottles a month, so my palate isn't exactly highly refined. I usually spend around 20 euros per bottle here in Paris.

The first time I noticed this creamy note was in a Bordeaux I had at a restaurant last year. Recently, I bought a 15-euro bottle of Chateau Lafont Menaut 2021 PESSAC-LÉOGNAN, which had that distinct note. It's a scent I love but don't really taste, it’s something I smell in the wine.

I was thinking It might be a 'vanilla' note, but it's distinctly creamy. Others usually notice it only after I point it out.

If anyone can suggest wine styles that might have this note, I'd appreciate it, especially as I'm buying a bottle this afternoon!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments