Secondary market prices of micro-négoces - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Secondary market prices of micro-négoces

Right. 15 years in the industry. Sales, purchasing, import and export to all populated continents. Long story short: I think I am entitled to the idea I understand some of the world of wine.

Can somebody please explain to me why micro négociants are fetching 10X the ex-cellar price on the secondary market? I obviously understand that scarcity is the main marketing machine but geez… surely when a bottle fetches north of 1000 euros a potential buyer will start to take quality into account? Are free market mechanics this strong? I’m genuinely lost.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments