Visiting Bergerac - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Visiting Bergerac

Hello, New to the group!

I'm not new to wine, but I'm wanting to take it more seriously/have more understanding around why I prefer certain wines over others.

I'm heading to Bergerac on friday, and also visiting Bordeaux, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any great bang for buck wines to be looking out for, or any particularly good Caves/shops/bars in the area?

I have also booked a wine tasting at Chateau Tiregand, as its round the corner from where I am staying, its not a vineyard I've come across, so I wondered if anyone had tried their wine? or even been the vineyard!

some background info if needed, general wine I would buy in the week would usually be Italian, preference would be montepulciano and I do really like a valpolicella. One of the most memorable wines I've had was a paulliac that my partner picked up last time she visited Bordeaux. I did also recently have a bottle of La Rifra Garda Merlot, that was brilliant! I realise these wines may cover a wide range of wine types, hence wanting to understand more around what draws me to those grapes/varieties!

Cheers






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments