Buying wine on special (australia, and maybe your country) - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Buying wine on special (australia, and maybe your country)

I hate getting ripped off at the grocery store and nothing annoys me more when supermarkets make everything 2-3x the price they should be only to "discount" it every so often to the price it actually should be

When selecting a wine, a lot of the time maybe 70% of them are full price, the other 30% will be on special or discounted, making it kind of frustrating because how am I to know if certain wines never come on sale? Do they all rotate on sale? Is a $30-40 wine on special for $20-25 actually still a $30-40 wine and will it compare to a wine that stays $40? Or is the actual fair value of the wine closer to the "special" price?

I'm mainly asking because I hate having to buy what the store tells me to buy. I'd just like it so much more if everything was just priced the price it was supposed to be priced. Rather than feeling like I'm missing out on something because I refuse to buy a wine that's asking $30 full price but I can get a wine that's $40 reduced to $30






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments