Can we put down pitchforks and talk Quilt: Napa Valley Cab for a minute? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Can we put down pitchforks and talk Quilt: Napa Valley Cab for a minute?

I avoided this wine, as my wine-shop coworkers dismissed it as "Wagner trash." I ended up with a free bottle: I enjoyed it, and I think there is a time and place for it. Not only that but my guests were gushing, taking photos of the bottle, laughing and high-fiving each other. Ok maybe not the last part.

I'm curious what the consensus is on this, and are there maybe some elevated "crowd pleasers" similar to it - besides the obvious "buy them Bonanza they won't know the difference."

I think I'd really quite enjoy a wine like this with maybe 10-15% less Fruit/Extraction/RS, and I'm wondering if you have a recommendation like that?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments