Which Riedel glasses to buy if I don’t want grape-specific ones? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Which Riedel glasses to buy if I don’t want grape-specific ones?

I’m looking to get some Riedel glasses, but I’m not a wine expert and therefore don’t need a different glass for every type or grape. I mainly drink white wine and only have red for dinner with guests.

I’m eyeing the Riedel Ouverture set (4 red, 4 white, 4 champagne glasses). Is that a good option? Or should I consider something like the Riedel Vivant Red Wine and Wine Friendly 003 White Wine sets, plus a champagne set like Extreme Rosé/Champagne or Veritas Champagne?

Any advice would be appreciated!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments