How do I approach these wines? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

How do I approach these wines?

Recently managed to get two different bottles of burgundian pinot on sale.

Jessiaume Santenay 1er Cru Les Gravieres and Frederic Esmonin Gevrey-Chambertin Clos Prieur, both 2022.

I would like to celebrate a nice anniversary I've got coming up with one of those two as they are above my usual price point. I know they are quite young but probably already very nice anyway (never tried a quality burgundy before, exciting moment) but don't have much experience with decanting and opening the bottles way before consumption. Which one would be a better choice to drink this early and how do I approach them (how long before to open before serving etc.) to get the best possible experience?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments