Invintory Tracking App - No Market Prices? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Invintory Tracking App - No Market Prices?

Wondering if anybody has experienced this. We switched over to Invintory just recently due to their UI and ability to have it visually locate bottles, its super neat and really helps out. However I have a few qualms with it.

1st issue - One of their biggest claims is that they can accurately track your cellar value, perfect, except that when I put in most of the bottles, we end up with only a 49% coverage rate. Now, I don't expect 100% as there are some weird new world bottles in there that I wouldn't expect them to have, however looking at many of the same bottles on Vivino and they are in there with accurate values. I am curious if the source of wine market values is specific to each app (ie does Vivino, and Invintory, and CT each track their own values? or is this coming from a larger single source of truth somewhere?).

2nd issue - Drinking windows - How are these produced? I recently purchased a case of 2015 from the vineyard directly, Invintory states that the wine is much past its window, however I know that not to be the case. Are they directly just making guesses based on the varietal? Or is there some further metrics in there that they are pulling from?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments