Help with Lacrima / Ruche wine - searching for lavender/violet - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Help with Lacrima / Ruche wine - searching for lavender/violet

I tried a lacrima for the first time during the last week (Umani Ronchi Lacrima di Morro d'Alba).

Could not shake the lavender (violet) notes from this wine, it really stuck with me. I now want more!

Some internet searches indicate that riserva for lacrima doesn't really exist but I have seen the odd superiore for sale. Some commentators suggest I should try Ruche also, but the descriptions of Ruche don't seem to lean as heavily towards this crazy lavender palate and aroma.

Is it possible that this strong flower note was just unique to the one I tried, or can I expect other Lacrima to have simlar profile, and/or will Ruche also scratch the itch?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments