I've been tasked with cataloguing my step-dad's wine cellar - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

I've been tasked with cataloguing my step-dad's wine cellar

My step dad has a phenomenal wine cellar with hundreds of bottles, many of them neatly packaged away with many in boxes on the ground outside the cellar itself. Basically he doesn't know what he has, or how much he has of it. But if I help, I'll get to help him figure out what he's held onto over the past decades, and hopefully get to share some :)

I've offered to take on the project of cataloguing this beast. I would like to track of the vinery, the vintage, the grapes, and how many i have "in stock" of each (vintage, grapes, etc), so to speak, and then I would decrease the number of bottles by one each time I pulled something out to drink. People with lots of wine--how do you track your bottles? I want it to be a system, website, or web app he can use without hassle (he's a boomer, no offense)--therefore, something simple once setup and relatively intuitive. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Excel would likely be easiest but I'm not the best add it, unless someone already has a pre-formatted template for this all?

Note--I've tried CellarTracker and didn't love it. I'm looking for something with little to no fluff.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments