Wine recommendations if I like peated whisky? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Wine recommendations if I like peated whisky?

Hi all, hope you're all having a nice day.

So, first of all, I have the palate of an 8-year-old. I am terrible with nuance, but haven't really taken the time to develop it either. That said, my very limited experience with wine has been reds because I rely on the big and bold flavours, whereas most white wine to me just tastes like 'white wine'. At least with reds I can tell there are differences, albeit not necessarily being able to place why.

It's no surprise then that I like peated whisky. I love the taste, the smokiness is unavoidable and I feel that characteristic alone is enough for me to enjoy without getting into the nitty-gritty 'brine' or 'marine' notes or whatever others find in certain whiskies of that type.

I'm looking for something that has that similar bold, unavoidable flavour profile that I can enjoy even without getting every minute detail out of it, even though I would like to develop my palate because wine fascinates me.

Any recommendations sincerely appreciated, preferably below £30 a bottle.

Thanks!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments