Advices for a path to exploring French Wines for an Italian guy in love with wine - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog
I would like to start exploring a bit more the world of French wines, I am not a sommelier, a WSET or a wine pro. Just an enthusiast who would like to know a bit more. On top of what have to read and study, it would be great to receive some tips about mid range price bottles to purchase to have an idea about the different typologies and understand what could be my cup of tea and what is not. I'd like to sart with red wines.
This is what I've tried so far
- Les Coteaux Cotes du Rhone Villages - Boutinot (Syrah)
- Les Rochettes - Maison Guillot Brux (Chardonnay)
- Charles Audoin - Bourgone 2022 (Pinot Noir) yes
- Chateau Leydet-Valentin Saint Emilion Grand Cru - Vignobles Lyndet 2018 (Cab Franc + Merlot)
- Domaine Raymond Usseglio & Filse - La Genèse 2020 (Grenache)
- Faugères - Leon Barral - 2015 (Languedoc-Roussillon? ) no idea about the grapes
I've enjoyed almost all of them, but since it Italy buying French Wine is a bit expensive, some tips about good value for money bottles to sart this journey will be super appreciated.
Thanks a lot for your kind help.

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.
Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn
Comments
Post a Comment