“If I could only…”. -question on Williams-Selyem - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

“If I could only…”. -question on Williams-Selyem

I tend to avoid Cali wine due to my perception of its relatively lower qpr versus Europe, SA, etc. but we love Williams Selyem Pinot so much I feel I could honestly be happy if I could drink no other wine the rest of my life. For example, the Russian River release. We bought a variety of 08s from a friend’s allotment many years ago and were recently at a party where the host was serving the 23s …. and it was as great as I remembered. Though I was not intentionally hinting, he gifted us a bottle on our way out.

But I wonder if I exaggerate its perfectness due to insufficient exposure to other great Cali Pinots. I have enjoyed others but rarely spend more than $30 a bottle, and none others I’ve tried compare with our WS experience.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments