Looking for Primitivo recommendations - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Looking for Primitivo recommendations

Hi,

I've liked Primitivo/Zinfandel for a long time, recently I started getting more into wine and maybe because of that I've started buying more expensive stuff.

What happened was the better Italian Primitivo doesn't taste good, some of them have that residual sugar/sweetness that people mention but overall they are too floral/sweet/"cloying"

I've really started liking US Zinfandel though, Ridge Lytton Springs or Geyserville, Morisoli, Arnot Roberts Kirschemann, ...

They taste more balanced, still big and fruity but not so overly perfumed.

Are there Italian Primitivo producers that make a wine more in line with the American style? Any recommendations?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments